Thursday, May 11, 2006

Bush traffic, Baobab trees and Tree top walk


If you think the 401 is bad, imagine meeting this guy on the road as we did. Hard to miss eh!

The Baobab tree is the strangest tree I have ever seen and they dominate the landscape around this area. They are distinctly reminiscent of the tree in the Harry Potter movies and equally intimidating.


The Tree Top walk over the bush is an extraordinary experience, at least you feel relatively safe from What Lies Beneath........

And a Bee Eater on the banks of the Limpopo, posing for us.

We owe our thanks to the amazing DJ who did all the driving I think the round trip was over 1200 k's at the end of the day... Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive and extended fuel tanks. There are of course many hundreds of photo's and video clips and these are just a small selection.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow crazy traffic in the first photo. Total Gridlock man!!

Glad you had a great couple days off galavanting around SA and made it back safe and sound.

On some other news Megan and I have a place now out in Longwell green. Its a nice place but needs some work. Has a patio though for some BBQ's. Tell you about it when I talk to you next. Cheers

Dawn said...

Those pictures are amazing. Almost as wild as the streets of Toronto ... I think the worst I've dealt with all week is a very sad looking homeless person selling me a newspaper. I haven't worked in the city for long enough yet ... I bought it.

Sorry I've not be great on the blog. I've been so busy keeping the house clean ...

Glad you guys are having such an amazing time. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

Talk to you soon.

Love,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

....I just want to buy a mellon... :(

Anonymous said...

Cleaning??? As if. You told me you were having party's every night and didn't plan on cleaning until wed. night.....

Don't listen Mum and Dad....shes telling porky's again.....

hahahaha I kid I kid.