Nestled in the woods of Connecticut, is the Foxwoods Casino, built on land owned by the Pequot Tribal nation. The Pequots are known as the Fox people, hence Foxwoods widely recognised as being one of the largest Casino's in the World and about to expand with the creation of the MGM Grand hotel at Foxwoods. It is always an interesting trip here as the drive from Hartford Airport takes you through small town America and a deeply wooded landscape until you see the Foxwoods complex rising through the trees. Hard to believe that this location started life as a Bingo hall some 14 Years ago.
MGM Grand Expansion under construction.
9 Miles to the South East just across the Thames River!. Is the Mohegan Tribes Mohegan Sun. A really impressive piece of Modern architecture and stunning inside.
9 Miles to the South East just across the Thames River!. Is the Mohegan Tribes Mohegan Sun. A really impressive piece of Modern architecture and stunning inside.
Passing thorough small town America between the 2 locations.
These may not be the most interesting entries to the limited readers of this Blog, but it is really for me to assist a failing memory of all the places I am fortunate to get to see and work at. I may complain sometimes about all the travel through the years, but it certainly beats the pants of being tied to an office day in day out!!!!!!!.
3 comments:
Hey Dad don't worry I read and sign all posts. Loving the construction pics and especially the Mohegan Tribes Mohegan Sun. Looks awesome.
The small town America looks just like any other small town in the states. You could have told me that was middletown and I "might" have beleived it if you wern't so far away from it.
Keep the posts coming!!
Hi Martin ~ another faithful reader here, even if I don't always leave a comment. I love the way you & Phil illustrate your way around the world: great to know where you are / what you are doing - and that Kay is in the UK!!!
Update this site or pay the consequences!!!
Post a Comment