Monday, July 17, 2006

Horses and Archery.. If only we could combine the two

Finally, found time from traveling to try my hand at Horse riding. Something I had been promising myself for years. Dibbs is now very concerned that I will run out and by a Horse now, given the extreme approach to other pastimes. She would not be happy if I did of course, as she never got her pony as a little Girl!.


And on another note, the weekend activities continued with getting Dibbs and Brad out to the archery field. Both did really well, and now see why I am so pre occupied with the sport. Kay also put up a very good show, and I will have to try an persuade her to compete this year as well.





Maid Marianne and Lady (Dangerous) Dibbs in Action!

And Little John of course put up a good show!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sheriff of Nottingham beware!! What a team we make!

Now you just have to master hitting the target while riding on the horse (in your jodphurs!)

Anonymous said...

Just can't get over the Jodphurs can we!. Project for the week, where did the term Jodphurs come from... Sounds like some early English disease, like the Black Death or plague!

Ye Gods I have contracted Jodphurs!

Anonymous said...

Better practice up for when I return guys. Don't worry I will try not to embarrass you all too much. I will have to practice when I am up in Nottingham this fall with Megan and Matt on our trip around England.

Anonymous said...

Hey Don't tangle with the Sheriff before I have given you a few pointers. Cant wait to go out and shoot with you Phil.... Come Home Soon man.

Anonymous said...

lol sounds like a great time guys, Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

hi guys, it looks like you strugling abit wen pulling back that bow i will have to show you how its done:-)
...... will see ya guys soon
matt